Proctored Tests and Pretests - Location and Test Information
All students must show a photo ID to take a Proctored (Supervised) Final Test. Students may use a school ID, a Driver's license, a Passport, or a Learner’s permit as long as the ID includes a photo.
At the end of each course, there is a final test that must be taken in-person, in a proctored (supervised) setting. Students may take proctored tests at any of our proctor locations. Students must earn at least 60% on the course final assessment (70% for Drivers Ed) in order to receive a grade for the course. Students who complete the course, score at least 60% on all quizzes, and score at least 60% on the final will receive a letter grade in the course.
- Pretests and course finals must be taken with an authorized test proctor.
- Students may take the final proctored test up to 4 times in order to receive a score of 60% or higher. (70% for Drivers Ed). After that point, students must receive teacher intervention/approval to take the test additional times. Each additional try will require a teacher reset (submit help ticket for test reset).
Students may retake the final tests, twice per day. Pretests and test out exams can only be taken once.
- The final test pulls questions from question banks, creating a new test each time the test is taken.
- Optional: One page (one side) of hand-written notes may be used by students while taking a proctored final. After the test, the notes used (and taken) during testing will be collected by the proctor. (Notes are NOT allowed on Pretests, Test Outs or Drivers Ed finals)
Testing Schedule: August 28, 2018 - May 31, 2019:
During the traditional school year, proctored tests are offered from 3-6 PM and tests must be started by 5 PM. Students are able to test in any of the locations listed below without making an appointment.
- All CVHS Students are welcome to go to any of the following locations to take a proctored test:
- Monday, Alta High School, 11055 S 1000 E, Sandy, UT 84094. Computer Lab 1206. Enter using the front main entrance doors. Turn Left at the first hallway, (1100 hallway). Walk past the library. Turn right at the 1200 hallway. Computer lab 1206 is on the right.
- Tuesday, Brighton High School, 2220 Bengal Blvd, Cottonwood Heights, UT 84121. Bengal Building, Computer Lab B121 first floor. Building is located on the south east side of the school. Parking is available to the south of the buildling. Go in south entrance door and room is on the right.
- Wednesday, Jordan High School, 95 Beetdigger Blvd, Sandy, UT 84070. Library Media Center Lab A. Enter using the front main entrance doors. Turn left just past the main office. The library is down the hall on the right.
- Thursday, Hillcrest High School, 7350 900 E, Midvale, UT 84047. Enter using the East Entrance, turn left and immediately turn right to go to the B hall. Turn left at the B hall and the room is on the right. Room B108/110.
- Friday, Corner Canyon High School, 12943 S. 700 E. Draper, UT 84020. Library/Media Center Lab. (Main library doors are locked at 3:30 so please use hallway to the right of main library doors and enter the 2nd door on the left).
- Out of District Students who do not live within 15 miles of a Canyons School may contact to arrange a proctoring option near them. (Please allow 1 week for arrangements to be worked out).
Additional testing opportunities will be available during the following dates for the 2018-19 School Year:
December 17-20 April 1 & 2, May 6-31 (except May 27)
The testing will be provided at the District Office located at 9361 S 300 E from 3pm - 7pm.
Students must show up by 6 pm to start their test.
The test will be located in the Computer Lab.