Proctored Tests and Pretests - Location and Test Information
All students must show a photo ID to take a Proctored (Supervised) Final Test. Students may use a school ID, a Driver's license, a Passport, or a Learner’s permit as long as the ID includes a photo.
At the end of each course, there is a final test that must be taken in-person, in a proctored (supervised) setting. Students may take proctored tests at any of our proctor locations. Students must earn at least 60% on the course final assessment in order to receive a grade for the course. Students who complete the course, score at least 60% on all quizzes, and score at least 60% on the final will receive a letter grade in the course.
During the traditional school year, proctored tests are offered from 3-6 PM and tests must be started by 5 PM. Students are able to test in any of the following locations without making an appointment.
- Monday, Brighton High School, Computer Lab 201. 2220 Bengal Blvd, Cottonwood Heights, UT 84121. All CVHS students are welcome to test at this location. Enter using front main entrance doors. Turn left heading toward the Main Office. Once past the main office turn left down the hallway. Testing will be held in room 201, which will be the first classroom on your left. Contact: Marlene Griffiths,
- Monday, Alta High School, Computer Lab 1206. 11055 S 1000 E, Sandy, UT 84094. All CVHS students are welcome to test at this location. Enter using the front main entrance doors. Turn Left at the first hallway, the 1100 hallway. Walk past the library. Turn right at the 1200 hallway. Computer lab 1206 is on the right. Contact: PJ Giles,
- Tuesday, Corner Canyon High School, Computer Lab T104. 12943 S. 700 E. Draper, UT 84020. All CVHS students are welcome to test at this location. Enter using the front main doors of Corner Canyon High School. Turn left in the commons area. Proceed straight, and step down the small staircase and into the hallway. Take first right, testing classroom is straight ahead (T104) Contact Person: Neiko Gilgen,
- Wednesday, Jordan High School, Library Media Center.95 Beetdigger Blvd, Sandy, UT 84070. All CVHS students are welcome to test at this location. Enter using the front main entrance doors. Turn left just past the main office. The library is down the hall on the right. Contact: Anthony Leavitt,
- Thursday, Hillcrest High School, Classroom A207.7350 900 E, Midvale, UT 84047. All CVHS students are welcome to test at this location. Enter using the the front main doors of Hillcrest High School. Proceed upstairs to the 2nd floor. Turn left to Room A207 (Mrs. Nicolaides). A207 is half-way down on the right and just after the big display case on the right. Contact Person: Stephanie Nicolaides,
- Friday by appointment only. Must provide 1 week notice. Contact the CVHS office to schedule.
- Out of District Students who do not live near a Canyons School may contact CVHS to arrange a proctoring option near them.
- Ongoing, Entrada & Diamond Ridge High School. Students in programs at Entrada or Diamond Ridge High Schools may arrange to test with their teachers, lab manager, or counselor.
- During the summer months, proctored tests are offered at the Canyons District Office at the CAB-East (9361 S. 300 E.) in the computer lab Monday - Thursday from 9-11 AM. Tests must be started by 10:30 AM. Students may test without making an appointment.
- The Canyons School District will be closed July 4 for Independence Day and July 24 for Pioneer Day. This means that proctoring services will not be available on those days.
Additional Test Information:
- Final tests must be taken with an authorized test proctor.
- Students may retake final tests, twice per day.
- Students may take the final proctored test as many times as needed in order to receive a score of 60% or higher. (70% for Drivers Ed)
- The final test pulls questions from question banks, creating a new test each time the test is taken.
- Optional: One page (one side) of hand-written notes may be used by students while taking a proctored final. After the test, the notes used (and taken) during testing will be collected by the proctor.
- ADDITIONAL testing opportunites at the Canyons District Office Computer Lab 9361 S 300 E in Sandy on January 6, 13, 17, 18 from 3-6pm