Online Course Registration
Before you register for a course through CVHS you need to decide what type of course and credit do you need. CVHS offers original, credit recovery, and test out credits. For more information about the types of credit offered through CVHS click here.
Students may take up to six (6) credits through CVHS, however, CVHS students can only register for up to four (4) quarter credit courses at any given time. Only one quarter of each course subject may be selected. Once any of the four courses has been completed, or dropped from the student's schedule, additional courses may be taken. In some cases, participating students may be asked to drop one or more traditional courses to “make room” for an online course in the student’s schedule.
In addition, all course feeds (if applicable) must be paid before course registration will be processed. When applicable, an invoice for course fees will be sent to the student's parent/guardian. Click here for additional informaiton related to course fees.How to Enroll in an Online Course
- If you are a student in grades 9 - 12, click this link to fill out our registration form.
- For a provider other than Canyons Virtual High School, click this link for a complete list of online providers approved by the USOE's Statewide Online Education Program, choose the provider you want, and follow the directions on how to register. This USOE Online Provider report may also be beneficial in helping you to select a provider.
- Courses you have registered for are sent to your school's counselor for approval.
- Once your classes have been approved, you will be added to the course and will receive a registration email. Processing time varies from 24 hours to two weeks, depending on student status.
- All CVHS students are required to complete the CVHS Student Orientation course. This course is a self-enroll course that students can complete while waiting for courses to be approved. To get access the orientation course click here.